Posted 10th September 2020 by Pillar Property
Scheduling annual home maintenance can save you thousands of dollars in repairs and replacements. And as we move into Spring, it’s a great time to tick a few of these items off the list.
1. Clean the gutters – A gutter clogged with leaves, sticks and other debris can cause a leaky roof or water damage to the interior or exterior of your home.
2. Trim the trees – Large overhanging branches can quickly fill your gutters and push against fences and walls. They can also be dangerous when they break or be a fire hazard.
3. Remove the debris – Loose debris around the property, especially timber, is a haven for spiders, rodents, and termites.
4. Spray for pests – The best time to have your home sprayed is in early spring. By spraying in the spring, you have the opportunity to destroy nests and colonies when pest numbers are low.
5. Service the air conditioner – An air conditioner’s filters, coils, and fins require regular maintenance for the unit to function effectively and efficiently.
6. Clean the ceiling fans – Regular cleaning of the ceiling fans blades ensures correct functionality and also prevents the dust from flying everywhere when in use.
7. Clean the fireplace – As the weather warms and your fireplace moves into hibernation, its a great time to clean it.
8. Plan for the heat – Check the weather stripping around doors and windows to keep the cool air in. Cover windows that receive morning or afternoon sun with shutters or window coverings.
9. Spring clean – Lets face it, summer is for enjoying and entertaining family and friends and it’s just too hot to clean.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any property questions.